More pets are lost over the 4th of July Holiday than any other time of year
Here’s the quick list to protect your pet:
- Do not bring pets to fireworks events.
- Keep pets at safe at home: inside, away from doors and windows.
- Drown out loud noises with a TV or radio.
- Make sure your pet is wearing a current I.D. tag and license.
- Make sure your pet is microchipped and the registration is up to date with the microchip company.
Be aware of other Holiday dangers that can harm your pet:
- Unattended alcohol beverages are a poison risk for pets.
- Food bags (i.e. chip and treat bags) must be kept away from pets and young kids to prevent suffocation hazards.
- Matches and lighter fluid should be kept away from pets, they are toxic to animals.
- Sunscreen products containing DEET can cause neurological problems in pets, instead use sunscreen and/or insect repellant designed for pets.
- Citronella candles, tiki torch oils and insect coils should be kept out of pet’s reach.
- The luminescent substance inside glow jewelry can cause stomach irritation in pets.
If your pet is lost, visit pets.maricopa.gov for tips how to best find him or her.
Pet Poison Hotline: 855-764-7661